- Vegan Avocado Pasta
- 9 ounces (255 g) uncooked pasta (use gluten-free, if desired)
- 1 to 2 small cloves garlic, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1 to 2 mL) fine-grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
- Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado flesh, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.
- Top with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- 1 tbsp-2 tbsp chia seeds (thickens mixture overnight)
- 1-1.25 cup non-dairy milk (I now use Eden organic soy which has 12 gram protein!)
- 1.5 tbsp carob powder or flavoured protein powder (optional)
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Fruit like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, kiwi, mango, banana.
- Mix together in bowl and place in the fridge overnight. Stir well in morning & add maple syrup to taste.
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 2-3 frozen strawberries (to make strawberry soft serve)
- Chopped strawberries
- Homemade Granola
- Buckwheat groats
- Shredded sweetened Coconut
Banana Soft Serve:
Toppings I used:
Courtesy of OhSheGlow.com